Corporate Social Investment
Supporting Education and Youth Development
Since inception in 2007 FTC has given practical and material support to the work of the Adopt-A-School Foundation. Two schools have been “adopted” and the company also subsidises the offices and administration of the Foundation, which is based in Sandton.
The FTC flagship project is the Boschkop Primary School situated on the peri-urban district to the east of Tshwane (Pretoria) in the Gauteng province of South Africa. Over the past 4 years FTC has financed:
- Construction of a kitchen used for preparing meals for scholars at Boschkop Primary School
- Construction of Grade-R classrooms and facilities for 5-6 year old learners. Two phases of construction were required as almost overnight the first classrooms that were built were too small. The number of Grade-R pupils quadrupled when the first changes were introduced at the school
- Construction of a computer laboratory
- The 2012 Back to School for A Day Readathon event to promote literacy
This work is done in partnership with Adopt-A-School Foundation as part of the Corporate Social Investment of FTC.
Foundation for a Safe South Africa (FSSA)
FSSA is committed to training and mentoring students and young entrepreneurs, focussing on motivating and coaching young people to enable them to gain access to better opportunities for their future.
- FTC subsidises the administration and office infrastructure of FSSA.
- A number of FTC staff regularly participate in and support the training and coaching sessions of FSSA.
- FTC staff conduct class-room training and assist with the coordination and roll-out of sport events.